If you put it to a vote, our grandparents will handily the win as the greatest people who ever existed! It helps that they secretly bribed you with delicious home-made cookies.
We form a special bond with our grandparents and always have the fondest memories with them. We see them as the kindest people we can run to when we need to sort out a problem or two — without any fear of judgment but only understanding.
Here are some of the best quotes we found that somehow captured the essence of being a grandparent:
1. “I don’t intentionally spoil my grandkids. It’s just that correcting them often takes more energy than I have left.” — Gene Perret
2. “Grandchildren don’t need a lot of toys. The best thing a grandchild can have is a grandparent who gets down on the floor and plays with them.” — Unknown
3. “If nothing is going well, call your grandmother.” — Italian Proverb
4. “Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.” — Alex Haley, author
5. “No cowboy was ever faster on the draw than a grandparent pulling a baby picture out of a wallet.” — Anonymous
6. “Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you’re just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.” — Pam Brown
7. “My grandkids believe I’m the oldest thing in the world. And after two or three hours with them, I believe it, too.” — Gene Perret
8. “My granddaughter came to spend a few weeks with me, and I decided to teach her to sew. After I had gone through a lengthy explanation of how to thread the machine, she stepped back, put her hands on her hips, and said in disbelief, “You mean you can do all that, but you can’t play my Game Boy?” — Author Unknown
9. “Grandfathers do have a special place in the lives of their children’s children. They can delight and play with them and even indulge them in ways that they did not indulge their own children. Grandfather knows that after the fun and games are over with his adorable grandchildren he can return to the quiet of his own home and peacefully reflect on this phenomenon of fatherhood.” — Alvin F. Poussaint
10 “When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.” — Ogden Nash
11. “The best baby-sitters, of course, are the baby’s grandparents. You feel completely comfortable entrusting your baby to them for long periods, which is why most grandparents flee to Florida.” — Drew Barry
12. “It’s interesting that I had such a close relationship with my grandfather. Because your parents always judge you: they say, ‘You shouldn’t do this, you shouldn’t do that.’ But with your grandparents you have a feeling that you can say anything or you can do anything, and they will support you. That’s why you have this kind of connection.” — Novak Djokovic
13. “Something magical happens when parents turns into grandparents. Their attitude changes from “money-doesn’t-grow-on-trees” to spending it like it does.” — Paul Linden
14. It’s funny what happens when you become a grandparent. You start to act all goofy and do things you never thought you’d do. It’s terrific. — Mike Krzyzewski
15. ” A grandparent is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend. And they never run out of cookies.” — unknown
Feel free to share a memory or two about your grandparents in the comments below.