FOLLOWING the footsteps of his late father, ‘Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin—one of the world’s most beloved conservationists who tragically died of a stingray barb while filming a documentary in 2016—fourteen year old Robert Irwin, showcased his stunning wildlife images to the world to spread a message of conservation that will inspire the next generation to fall in love with mother nature.
The ‘Amazing Robert’ is a zoologist and wildlife award-winning photographer. He has a knack for capturing the soulful essence of creatures of all kinds. Since he was still very young, Robert has always been fascinated in nature. He inherited his love for the animal kingdom from his father, Steve.
In an interview with the The Courier-Mail, the young Irwin shared that he wants to continue the legacy of his father in his own way.
“I feel very honoured to be continuing in his footsteps,” said Robert, adding, “I do want to continue his legacy. It’s in my blood, it’s in my DNA, and it’s in everything I do. Dad never cared about being known for himself, he cared about the message, and that’s what I’m trying to do, continue that message.”
Irwin has been recognized in many photography contests all over the world, and just recently, he traveled to Washington, D.C. to accept an award at the Nature’s Best Photograph Windland Smith Rice International Awards. Robert was a Highly Honored Winner in the Youth Category.
See some of his breath-taking photographs below:
1. A huntsman spider devouring a frog.
2. A baby Koala rides at the back of its mother. We could relate to that!
3. A ferocious carpet python certainly looks ready for the kill!
4. Apartment living—Nesting cormorants residing at the limbs of a dead tree.
5. The mesmerizing patterns of the golden sunlight.
6. Spectacular Elephant playing with the dirt.
7. The King of Beasts.
8. Beautiful mommy baboon carries her baby.
9. Huntsman spider traps its prey.
10. Gorgeous bearded dragon camouflage on a log.
11. Fine details of a speedy dragonfly perched on a leaf.
12. A chameleon showing off its gorgeous bright colors.
13. Beautiful green python clings at a branch while he searches for food.
14. A female kudu’s striking stripes invites you stare at its uniqueness.
15. An impressive head gear of a male impala.
16. A lazy leopard resting on a limb bathes in the afternoon sun.
17. A hungry koala takes a break.
18. Hippos celebrating friendship day!
19. The impressive teeth of a wild saltwater crocodile.
20. A caracal, staring sleepily at you.
Robert dedicated these photos to his loving father, Steve. Through his talent in photography, his father’s legacy will forever be remembered, valued, and cherished.