With their eye-catching white coat filled with spots of black or liver, the dalmatian is one of the most distinguishable dog breeds around.
These elegant dogs stand between 19 and 23 inches at the shoulder. They are muscular and built to go the distance with their powerful hind legs that give them an effortless gait.
They are a wonderful partner for runners and hikers as these dogs are active and possess a strong stamina. Dalmatians are dependable watchdogs and they tend to be aloof around strangers, but in the presence of their favorite humans, dalmatians can be bright, loyal, and loving house dogs.
Lexi Smith is one of the lucky owners of a dalmatian dog. But her dog, Wiley, has a unique feature that makes him an instant star everywhere he goes – a heart-shaped marking around his nose.
Lexi adopted Wiley in March 2018 from a breeder in Oklahoma. She had a tough time choosing the perfect dog for her as there were a total of 11 pups to pick from, 8 of which were boys. But Lexi didn’t choose Wiley because of his heart-shaped nose, he picked him because she learned that they possess similar qualities.
“He came from a litter of 11, and 8 of them were boys, so I had a tough choice in choosing him. The heart was there, but not fully formed to the point where I believed it would stay since dalmatian spots change so much as they grow. I chose him because the breeder told me that all he did was sleep, snuggle, and eat, so we already had a lot in common,” she told Bored Panda.
When he was still young, Wiley’s family wasn’t sure if the markings would stay, as a dalmatian’s spots tend to change over time. However, as the sweet dog grew, it became certain that his heart-shaped nose was there to stay!
Here are some of Wiley’s most adorable photos that show off his special feature. Enjoy!
1. Our hearts are bursting out of our chests by just looking at this adorable pooch!
2. It’s always a good day with mom.
3. Wiley is not a fan of baths.
4. Finally, it’s over!
5. Time to sleep and recharge.
6. Can anybody say no to this face? I don’t think so!
7. Wiley with Tucker, Lexi’s parents’ dog.
8. Snooze time is the best time.
9. What could our next adventure be?
10. My long legs are just perfect for hiking!
11. And running, too!
12. Sports are definitely my thing!
13. Off to our next hike. How exciting!
14. High five!
15. Cool winds, spectacular views, and mom – the definition of a perfect time.
Keep up with Wiley’s adventures and follow him on Instagram.